Simcoe Peer Support for Mental Health and Addictions
|Record #: CWD3731||Last Full Update: 16 Nov 2018|
|Public Comments||Anyone interested in 'Freedom From Fear' or 'Recovery, Inc' can contact here|
|Primary Contact||Shawna Johnson, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Dawn Davidson; Email: email@example.com|
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-3 pm|
|Description and Service|
|Former Name||Mental Health Consumer Survivor Project for Simcoe County (February 2017)|
|Description (Service)||Project works to better educate the general public on the issues of mental health; to develop local support groups; and to advocate on behalf of all consumer/survivors.
They are open in the morning if you are having a bad day or just want to hang out.
SPS: A peer support and self-help group for people who have or are living with mental health and addiction issues including substance and alcohol abuse.
PSP People Supporting People: A group of trained individuals who provide education to persons dealing with day to day issues and in developing a sense of personal well-being.
* resource center for people who have or are experiencing mental health and/or addiction issues
* support to those disadvantaged due to mental illness and/or addiction
* emotional support
* encouragement support through self help
* promotion of self worth.
Have resources including:
* community supports
* resource library and computer access
* Peer Support Groups, SPS, PSP, Voices United (VU)
* various social groups and activities including Monday Social club
* depression group
* cognitive behavior therapy
* Concurrent disorder group
* check in group (positive group) open to anyone who suffers from mental illness and/or addiction
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) and up
Must be a consumer/survivor of mental health and/or addiction
|Application||Call for more information|
|Areas Served||Blue Mountains ; Simcoe County|
|Boundaries||North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration region|
|Located In Community||Collingwood|
|Address & Map||
41 Elgin St, Unit 201
Collingwood, ON L9Y 3L6
View Google Map
|Intersection||Ste. Marie St and Elgin St|
|Physical Access||Not Accessible|
|Print Material||Newsletter (quarterly)|
|Resources||CWD: Mental Health Support Centre|